Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Orange Mango Chicken

Since receiving several mangos in Saturday's Bountiful Basket (if you don't know what I'm talking about, click here), I decided to search for some mango recipes on allrecipes.com. I found this dish and I thought it turned out pretty good. Next time I think I'd double the sauce since I served it over rice and it needed a little more moisture. The best thing about it was it was super easy and fast. From start to finish, it is under 30 minutes!

Orange Mango Chicken

3 tbsp. oil
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (I used chicken tenders)
1/8 tsp. ground thyme
salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1 lemon juiced
1 mango peeled, seeded and sliced
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon

Heat olive oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken breast halves 5-10 min. on each side or until no longer pink and juices run clear. Season both sides with thyme, salt and pepper. Remove from heat and set aside.

Heat the lemon juice in skillet over medium heat and scrape up browned bits. Mix in orange juice, mango, ginger and cinnamon. Over high heat, cook and continuously stir for 4-5 min. until thickened. Spoon over chicken breast halves to serve.

No comments: