Friday, June 12, 2009

No Bake Cheesecake with Fresh Strawberries!

Ladies, sit down for this one... it is sooooo good. And so bad for you. Just don't eat dinner and you'll be fine. This was one of my all time favorites that my mom used to make when I was a kid. Except she used cherry pie filling instead of the strawberries. I highly recommend trying that too. Anywho...

No Bake Cheescake with Fresh Stawberries


Graham Cracker Crust:
1/3 c. melted butter
1/4 c. sugar
1 1/4 c. finely crushed graham crackers (1 whole package, or 9 full sheets)

Mix all that up really well and press into pie plate. Put it in the fridge to chill while making the filling.

Filling:
8 oz. softened cream cheese (I use the Neufchatel cheese that is 1/3 less fat-- it works great!)
1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
8 oz. (or one small tub) whipped cream

Beat the cream cheese and gradually add in powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time, beating well. Fold in whipped cream. Pour onto crust and let chill in fridge for at least 2 hours. Refrigerate any leftovers (yeah right).

Top with fresh cut strawberries. I don't add any sugar to my strawberries, I think it balances out the cream really well. Also, in my picture, I put the strawberries all on top to make it look oh-so-pretty. But really, if there are any leftovers, the strawberries have the potential to make the remaining cheesecake/crust a bit soggy. So my advice is just spoon a bit of strawberries onto each individual piece. Don't faint from all the cheesecakey-goodness.

See how happy they are? I'm telling ya', it is so good...



1 comment:

Amelia said...

That looks so yummy! I had so many strawberries a couple of weeks ago - wish I had that recipe then - that's okay, I'll go get some more :)