Sunday, May 2, 2010

BBQ Chicken Spaghttei

This recipe is from one of the blogs on our sidbar, Picky-Palate.  It's nothing fancy but Brent and I liked it.

BBQ Chicken Spaghetti (a take on BBQ Chicken Pizza)

1 lb. think spaghetti noodles
4 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1/2 large red onion, peeled and finely chopped (I used a whole onion and did thin slices instead of chopping it)
2 Tbsp. dry Ranch Dressing Mix (I used 3 Tbsp.)
3/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Shredded chicken (I used a whole roasted chicken already cookd from the store to make it easy)
BBQ sauce (just use your favorite kind)

Cook noodles and drain.  I recommend reserving a little bit of the cooking liquid to add back to the pasta when you mix it.  Place olive oil in pot over medium heat and saute onions until softened and golden.  Meanwhile heat shredded chicken with BBQ sauce. Add cooked spaghetti to the onions, add Ranch Dressing seasoning and cilantro leaves.  Season with salt and pepper to taste.  Add reserved cooking liquid as needed to mix. Top with warm shredded BBQ chicken.  We also topped it with a little cheese.

*My kids don't like onions or cilantro, so I kept stuff seperate and they added what they wanted.  They loved the chicken with the pasta.  

No comments: