Monday, December 7, 2009

Sesame Noodles

Here is another recipe I tried - I added some notes at the bottom for the changes I would make to it.

Better Than Takeout Sesame Noodles (Serves 4)

For the sauce:

6 Tbsp peanut butter
5 Tbsp soy sauce
1 ½ Tbsp sugar
1Tbsp warm water
1 Tbsp Asian sesame oil
1 Tbsp rice vinegar
¼ cup chopped ginger
3 cloves garlic, chopped

For the rest:

½ lb. Thin spaghetti
1 Tbsp Asian sesame oil
½ lb. Cooked and finely shredded chicken
¼ English cucumber, peeled and cut in slivers
½ red pepper, diced
10 snow peas, thinly sliced across
¾ cup bean sprouts

1. Put all the ingredients for the sauce into a blender or mini food processor and whirl until smooth.
2. Cook the spaghetti following package directions. Drain, rinse, and toss with the sesame oil and chicken. Add the sauce and mix until evenly combined.
3. Top with the crunchy vegetables and serve immediately

(This is the original recipe – most of it was good but some changes I would make is skip the red pepper, cucumber, and snow peas and instead use thinly sliced carrots and bean sprouts only. Of course, keep the chicken and noodles too)

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Sounds fabulous. I was just going to do spaghetti tonight...I know boring... but I have all the ingredients for this so guess whats now on the menu!!!! Thanks!!!