Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Pineapple Zucchini Sheet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting


For the recipe, click here. I'm too lazy to type it in and I can't figure out how to cut and paste on Blogger (does anybody know how to do it?).


My Review: I made this for a family get-together and it was a big hit. The cake is super moist and has lots of texture. I LOVED the cream cheese frosting- one of the best I've tried. I did toast the coconut (be careful when you do this, I toasted it in the oven on broil and ended up charring 3 different attempts, resulting in a kitchen full of smoke. It only takes around 2 minutes to toast it to a golden brown and is totally worth the extra work). The only thing I did different from the recipe is I threw on some toasted coconut on top of the frosting which I thought made it look pretty and gave it a little extra crunch. I'd give this one 4.5 stars out of 5. Why not 5 you ask? I don't know. I guess I wasn't absolutely dying over it, making it a "you haven't lived until you've eaten this food" food like peach crepes or peas and potatoes.

No comments: