Monday, November 24, 2008

Peanut Butter Smoothie

This recipe has nothing to do with Thanksgiving, but maybe you could try it with the left over icecream you had with your pie. We made these for FHE tonight and loved them. Preface: I used to work at Zuka Juice (now Jamba Juice) over 10 years ago in which I learned how to make each and every smoothie. My favorite was the "peanut butter mood" which I consumed nearly on a daily basis. Hmmm, that's where the freshman 15 came from...Anyways. I honestly haven't tried to replicate it 'till tonight and boy was it good! For anyone who may be linked to Jamba Juice in any way, this is my own interpretation of the original recipe since I only relied on my very very poor memory and not on anything written down, so please don't sue me for sharing this on the Internet with the whole wide world. I just want to spread some peanut butter cheer. Now...on with the recipe.

Peanut Butter Smoothie

(all measurements are very rough)
1/2 c. to 3/4 c. milk (depending on how runny or thick you like it)
a few scoops of vanilla icecream (vanilla frozen yogurt would work also)
spoonful of peanut butter
a drizzle of chocolate sauce
1/4 to 1/2 a banana
ice

Blend all together and enjoy! Seriously, I was so excited about how much this tasted like the real thing I so dearly loved 10 years ago. Give it a whirl.

No comments: