Saturday, August 2, 2008

Tomato-Spinach Pizza

I'm glad you all liked the fruit salsa! I just went to the store and completely forgot to get the ingredients for it, so I have to wait till Monday. So sad. Anyhoo-here's a fun pizza I like to make-especially in the summer. I can't eat it right now because of the feta/pregnant thing so if you make it, eat some for me! PS-checked out Pioneer Woman-how did I not know that this website existed? Zucchini cakes? Ricotta stuffed roma tomatoes? I was drooling on the computer! Maybe we should have a Pioneer Woman recipe swap to test out some of the recipes!

Tomato-Spinach Pizza

1 pizza crust (whatever your favorite recipe is)

Olive oil
1 tsp. dried basil leaves (or use fresh if you have them in your garden!)
1 bag of spinach, roughly chopped
1 pound Roma tomatoes, sliced
8 ounces Mozzarella, shredded
4 ounces of Feta cheese, crumbled

Lightly brush dough with olive oil and sprinkle with basil, leaving a little border for the crust.
Layer ingredients on dough starting with spinach and ending with Feta. The spinach looks like a ton but cooks down. The tomaotes shrink up a bit to so don't be stingy. Bake about 10 minutes at 450.

No comments: